The League of Women Voters of Washington, together with our host League, League of Women Voters of Benton-Franklin Counties, cordially invite you to beautiful Richland, Washington, for our 2018 Council.
Council will be held Saturday, June 2 – Sunday, June 3. We will also have some pre-council activities on Friday, June 1st including MELD (Membership Engagement Leadership Development) Training and some fun local tours of the area.
When Can I Register?
Who Can Come?
Everyone is welcome.
All current League members and interested people are welcome at Council. You do not need to be a current League member to attend.
Make your time in Richland a family affair. There's loads to do in the Tri-Cities for anyone who tags along with you.
Where Is It?
Shilo Inns Suites: To reserve your room, you must call the hotel directly and mention that you are with the League of Women Voters of Washington for June 1-3.
Phone Number: 509-946-4661
Room rate is $99 (Double Queen) and $89 (Single King) plus taxes.
Room rate includes complimentary breakfast and high speed internet. The room rate is available May 31 through June 2 with check out on June 3. More details about the hotel here.
We've got the insiders' scoop on all the fun things to do in the Tri-Cities.
- Precouncil Membership, Engagement, & Leadership Development (MELD) Training
- Local area tours
- Dine around Richland
- Relaxing over beverages—game night, story council, and caucuses
- Showcase of Six Local League Programs that can boost Get Out the Vote in Your League
- Taking a Well-rounded Look at Hanford—Keynote Event moderated by Susan Leckband, LWVWA’s Representative on the Hanford Advisory Board
- Engaging the Board—board retreats, Local League program planning, and encouraging out of the box thinking
- National Delegate Caucus—plan for Chicago
- The State We’re In and Civics Education in Washington
After Hours Activities
- Council After Hours: Join us in the ballroom after hours for beverages and snacks and a variety of ways to visit with old friends and meet new ones.
Friday night 7:30-10:30 and Saturday night 9:00-11:00.
- Caucusing: Join with others to learn about topics of mutual interest! Let us know your topic and which night you want too host a caucus table.
- Storytelling: Practice one your two-minute League or activism "elevator" story while sitting in circle with others who are practicing their generous listening skills. When we share personal stories, we bring league work and community building to life.
- Playing: We will have games about politics and games to make us laugh. If you have a game you would like to share, let us know.
Schedule at-a-Glance (May 22 updated version available now)
Caucuses—interested in doing a caucus on an issue important to you? Email us!
Silent Auction Baskets—Show off your home: Gift basket auctions gives every League who chooses to participate the chance to show off their hometown pride. Put together a basket that features items from your area and maybe even come up with a theme. Then we'll all bid on the baskets at Council. Many Leagues take time to put these together at one or more of their program meetings. It can be a very fun group activity.
LWVWA Council 2018 – See you in Richland!