State We're In: Washington
A Civics Text by the League of Women Voters
of Washington Education Fund
Gun Safety Tool Kit: Sound Fact Based Sources on Gun Safety
The 2017 Legislative Session is just around the corner. Get Ready for Action!2017 ACTION WORKSHOPS
Get Ready for Action!
year the League of Women Voters of Washington is pleased to present
five Action Workshops around the state, making it easier for you to
attend and get in on the action. These workshops cover LWVWA advocacy
priorities for the upcoming legislative session and will give you an
- Help us flex our political muscle in Olympia.
- Get the inside scoop on what to expect for the upcoming legislative session.
about critical issues facing our state, such as climate change, the
challenge of raising revenue, education, and campaign finance.
- Discuss the issues of greatest interest to you with legislators and our lobby team.
- Gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to be a more effective, powerful advocate for the issues you care about.
- Network with other advocates involved in the League.
- Meet LWVWA’s dynamic lobbyist team: Nancy Sapiro and Pam Crone.
Saturday, January 28
9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Seattle First Baptist Church
1111 Harvard Avenue
Seattle, WA 98122
are still arranging speakers for this workshop, but based on the
interests of whose who registered the day will will focus on social
justice issues and include very specific how-to's for those new to
All workshops are 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Registration fee of $25 includes lunch, coffee and all workshop materials.
If you have any questions contact Kathy Sakahara, firstname.lastname@example.org, 206-261-7797. Use this link to register now. http://bit.ly/Action2016
League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization,
encourages informed and active participation in government, works to
increase understanding of major public policy issues, and
influences public policy through education and advocacy.
info & registration
Citizens United Toolkit
Legacy That Matters New!
League of Women
Voters of Washington
of Women Voters of Washington Education Fund
Your contribution to the
Education Fund may be